Contact us at email@example.com to reserve an In-School Program or for more information!
The Museum of History and Holocaust Education provides free on-site school tours, but we also understand budget and time limitations may prevent you from visiting us.
We offer In-School Programs (ISP) to provide a museum-quality experience in your classroom, free of charge. Our educational staff will come to your school or meeting space and direct engaging lessons that meet Georgia Standards of Excellence. These programs are flexible and customizable.
The following lessons are the most popular for use by our instructors in your classroom, but you are not limited to these options. Please contact us for additional offerings.
- Introduction to World War II (5th Grade)
- Introduction to the Holocaust (5th, 6th, 7th Grade)
- The Tuskegee Airmen: The Segregated Skies of World War II (5th Grade)
- Beyond Rosie: Women in World War II (5th Grade)
- World War I: The War to End All Wars? (5th Grade)
- The Rise of Nazi Germany (6th Grade)
- How War Shaped the Middle East (7th Grade)
- Georgia at War (8th Grade)
- The World at War (High School World History)
- America at War (High School U.S. History)
- Elie Wiesel's Night (High School ELA)
Click here to download our pre- and post-visit curricula to increase the effectiveness of our In-School Programs.
Students have the opportunity to engage in an interactive, time-sensitive activity that prompts participants with a series of clues related to topics in World War II and Holocaust history. Solving the clues enables participants to determine codes for opening a locked box. This is an hour long program and is suitable for a maximum of 30 students at a time.
- Georgia Goes to War (8th Grade)
- The Rise of Nazism (High School)
Virtual In-School Programs
The Museum of History and Holocaust Education now offers Virtual In-School Programs (VISP) for schools that are too far for In-School Programs or Field Trips. Through video conferencing software, our educational staff will provide a museum-quality experience in your classroom and direct engaging lessons that meet Georgia Standards of Excellence – all online and free of charge. These programs are flexible and customizable. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a Virtual In-School Program or for more information!