World War II: The War That Changed the World
This exhibition explores the war and its broad global impact. Visitors will encounter individuals who experienced the effects of the war and the Holocaust: from rationing, to new opportunities to work and to fight, to the struggle to survive increasingly oppressive and deadly conditions in Europe.
The exhibit was made possible with a 2018 grant from the Breman Foundation based in Atlanta, Georgia. Created especially with the needs and interests of older adults in mind, the exhibit is accompanied by a gallery guide and audio guide as well as a series of traveling trunks featuring books and films along with discussion guides ideal for senior centers and community centers. The following is a list of available trunks.
- Defiance (Defiance by Nechama Tec; Defiance, directed by Edward Zwick)
- Denial (Denying the Holocaust by Deborah Lipstadt; Denial, directed by Mick Jackson)
- Farewell to Manzanar (Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston and James D. Houston; Farewell to Manzanar, directed by John Korty)
- A League of Their Own (When Women Played Hardball by Susan Johnson; A League of Their Own, directed by Penny Marshall)
- Unbroken (Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand; Unbroken, directed by Angelina Jolie)
- Judgment at Nuremberg (Justice at Nuremberg by Robert E. Conot; Judgment at Nuremberg, directed by Stanley Kramer)
- Casablanca (We’ll Always Have Casablanca by Noah Isenberg; Casablanca, directed by Michael Curtiz)
- Since You Went Away (Since You Went Away by Judy Barrett Litoff and David C. Smith; Since You Went Away, directed by John Cromwell)
To reserve a traveling trunk, please contact the museum at 470-578-2083 or email email@example.com.
Please email us to inquire about availability of this traveling exhibit for your organization.
To access the gallery guide for this exhibit, click here.
To access the audio guide for this exhibit, click here.
B-05-034, November 28, 1944, Photographs, Bell Aircraft Georgia Division (Marietta) Collection, 1942-1945, SC/B/001, Kennesaw State University Archives.