Awards and Recognitions
The Museum of History and Holocaust Education and its staff have been recognized for excellence in museum education, curation, and operations by professional organizations at the state, regional, and national levels.
- 2020: Gold Award from SEMC in Digital Education for the new programs created by the MHHE in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- 2019: MHHE recognized by GAMG for the program Unlock History.
- 2017: Silver Award from the Southeastern Museums Conference (SEMC) in Digital Education for the Georgia Journeys web exhibit.
- 2016: MHHE and the National Center for Civil and Human Rights education team recognized by GAMG for their program Converations on Human Rights.
- 2014: MHHE Education Outreach Team recognized by the Georgia Association of Museums and Galleries (GAMG) for developing an in-school program using traveling exhibits, traveling trunks, and standards-based curriculum to enhance the educational experience of students in Atlanta and north Georgia.
- 2019: Nomination for BackStory Best in Public History award for Refuge or Refusal: Turning Points in U.S. Immigration History.
- 2018: Honorable Mention from SEMC in the under $25,000 category for the permanent exhibit, Georgia Goes to War.
- 2017: American Association of State and Local History (AASLH) Award of Merit given to the MHHE for the Georgia Journeys exhibit.
- 2017: Silver Award from SEMC in Technological Applications for the Georgia Journeys in-gallery and web-based exhibit supplement.